New personal favourite in D2 !
BEST BRUNCH IN SAIGON
Except that they don't have aircon inside. Or at least the aircon is very weak. So if you are not a heat-enjoying expat like me, go at 8am ! Otherwise it gets hot. But let's get to the serious matter here. The food. Brunch is 385K per person, minimum 2 people, including one fresh orange juice and one coffee of choice. That is a real good deal. The bread is homemade, food is plenty, actually even enough for three people. Order some more side dishes, and you will leave stuffed ! Seriously, I've had a lot of shitty brunches before, this one is really good ! Overcome your laziness and go to Thao Dien on a weekend trip, you won't regret it. They serve until 2pm, but we arrived at 3pm and after kindly asking the waiter, who asked the kitchen, we still got brunch at 3 ! So luckyyy.
Here's a full list of everything we had:
- Brunch set for 2 comes with 2 fresh orange juices and 2 coffees (we had latte), so 4 drinks (I didn't like the egg potatoe chorizo thing so much though, I felt like there was something missing)
- A Mad Burger with fat chips (I like skinny fries) and a Choco Bomb (Chocolate Banana Shake)
- Potato Leek Soup (LOVE this one, and it's enough to share, really)
- Creamy Mushrooms (were niceeeeee)
- Garden salad which came with very little dressing which was kind of odd but I already was in a food coma before I could ask for dressing
So yeah, give MAD house a try. I know it is popular among expats and in the Thao Dien area, but I never tried it because I had less good experience with MAD house in district 7. But apparently they are not run by the same people (read it in a FB group). Next brunch place I will try is Hotel des Arts ! I saw very promising impressions on Instagram today haha.