We moved about a month ago and so far we have... not a lot haha.
1. Mattress, pillows, blanket and covers from JYSK
(I also have pillow and blanket covers from Home Up 1988)
2. Mirror - I got mine made at a mirror place on Calmette street, near Nguyen Thai Binh intersection, but UMA and JYSK also have plain mirrors
(I get so many questions about my mirror, apparently it's hard to fine a simple black framed mirror haha)
3. Bedside table & lamp - IKEA CHINA
(I often order stuff from China, you can use a shipping agent for this)
KITCHEN & LIVING AREA
1. Sideboard - from Mitssy.com
(they customise, I picked one and asked them to paint it black)
2. Ladder & Chair - IKEA CHINA
(Yeah we have only one chair so far lol)
3. Table - Square roots, bought from The Shed in Thao Dien
(Square Roots is produced in Vietnam, but not a lot of people know about it on the local market, I actually found it while browsing Taobao haha)
4. Speakers - B&O Beolit 17 through Techland
(they have pretty good prices compared to intl pricings)
5. TV - LG Oled 55" through Nguyen Kim
6. Fridge - also Nguyen Kim
1. Plants - buy them on Thanh Thai Street, District 10 for really good prices !
(I bought my rubber plant a small one in D7 for 250K, on Thanh Thai I bought a huge one for the store at only 300K)
2. Scented candles - Peony Home (but the burning time is not very long)
1. Air purifyer - Xiaomi through Lazada
(I'm cannot tell whether it's good, useful or not, but it feels better to have one haha)
2. Almost all kitchen products are from Lock & Lock or WMF thanks to mom
(My mom sent me so many things from Germany, you know how they are... Nothing beats German quality blabla)
3. The crib is from IKEA China as well, but the baby bedroom is so so far from finished haha
So yeah, every time I stories something in my apartment I get a couple questions about where I buy my furniture, where I got something from, etc. For furniture it's quite easy by now to get things that are not super colourful, but for other things, especially kitchen utility products, you really have to search, or do it like me. Buy everything on Amazon (in my case Amazon Germany), and have it shipped back here.
In a lot of cases I figured it's cheaper to buy already available products and ask them to customise for you, rather than getting your own furniture made. I got scammed so so so many times and in almost all cases received a shitty product which I had to resell for a lot cheaper. We are currently waiting for our sofa, which we ordered at He Studio, but sofacompany has nice products as well, just not exactly the style that I wanted and waiting times are way too long. A home takes time to build, so I'm not in a rush with anything. Right now I'm only looking for more chairs for our kitchen table and I want to get a couple frames made, because none of the ones available to purchase meet my quality expectations.
One thing I'd like to point out, what a lot of people don't expect, Vietnam is NOT cheap when it comes to interior. If you want a decent quality product, you have to pay a lot more than what you'd pay at your furniture store in the US or Germany. It's especially hard if you are looking for minimal products that look right, like me. So yeah, I hope this post was helpful to some, gimme a like if you think it was : D